photo via shutterfly.com
Christmas is around the block, so why not celebrate with fun activities? Although it’s cold outside, we can’t let this holiday go by without having some fun. Christmas is one of the most exciting holidays, ever. Whether it’d be with your family or friends, nobody deserves to be bored during the holidays, so, let’s grab our coats and get to it!
- Charlie Brown Christmas– Who doesn’t love Peanuts? Obviously, Charlie Brown Christmas is a classic, and has been around for generations. Why not take a trip down memory lane and reminiscence?
- Ice Skating– There are numerous places to find an ice-skating rink. From New York to Los Angeles, there are great spots to gather around the Christmas tree and skate to Nat King Cole and Frank Sinatra.
- Christmas Tree Shopping– The best part about Christmas tree shopping is simply looking for a tree and smelling it.
- Baking– First of all, you can bake many things from cookies to snicker doodles to ginger-bread houses. What’s better than baking in the cold weather?
- Christmas Music– The easiest way to get in the spirit is to listen to your favorite Christmas tunes. Whether it’d be Andy Williams or Ella Fitzgerald, it’s always a great way to celebrate while singing out loud with friends.
- Roast Marshmallows by the Fireplace– This is such a simply family tradition, it reminds me of my childhood. Gather some sticks and sit by the fireplace with marshmallows and a mug of hot cocoa.
- Attend a Christmas Party- Whether it’d be a holiday party or an ugly-sweater party, get in the spirit. Go buy that red Christmas dress and put on your favorite lipstick. Or, perhaps, buy that ugly sweater and show off like the elf you are!
- Christmas Movies– I know you guys are obsessed with “Home Alone.” Why not celebrate this winter with holiday movies like “It’s a Wonderful Life,” “The Grinch,” “A Christmas Story,” or”Elf.”
- Decorate the Christmas Tree– Gather around with your friends and family, and put up your favorite ornaments.
- Look at Christmas Lights– Explore different neighborhoods and look at the lights. Walking makes it much more adventurous.