Do you find yourself emotional all the time, overwhelmed, and agitated? Do you feel depressed at times, but can’t really explain how or why? Are you feeling guilty most of the time?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, it may be time for a spiritual cleanse. A spiritual cleanse is the practice of getting in tune with yourself to release negative energy. The goal here is to consume positive energy, and maintain a healthy, positive spirit. Some of these practices are necessary to mundane life.
Spiritual cleaning is necessary for many reasons. You can define spiritual cleaning as healing to restore your energy. You can also define it as getting in tune with yourself. Some may need a spiritual cleanse, because they came out of a toxic relationship and am seeking peace. Or, perhaps someone is depressed and anxious, and would like to change the way they think.
Here are some ways to start your spiritual cleanse.
1. Know Your Aura- Think of the aura as the center for your emotional, spiritual, and physical health. Examples of aura is when you pet a kitten or a puppy or holding a baby. This interaction would spread good energy, and your aura is partaking positivity. Now, if you were to be around arguing people in a car, in a toxic relationship, you’d most likely consume negativity.
Pay attention to your surroundings. If something is making you feel mentally drained, separated yourself from that. By paying attention to your aura, you have more control of where to apply your energy.
2. Recognize Negative Energy- You know the feeling when you’re around someone, and the vibes are just off. Perhaps, they’re always complaining or gossiping. Maybe, they are controlling, manipulative, and whenever you’re around them, you feel drained and negative. Sometimes, you get that gut feeling that something is off, but you can’t put your finger on it. By recognizing who or what is bad for your energy, you have more control of your life. Walk away from anything that makes you feel unhealthy.
3. Smudge- This is a popular way that people release negative energy. There are different forms of smudging. Make sure you place your herbs in a heatproof bowl or abalone shell
- Sage for purification
- Cedar for attracting positive energy
- Sweetgrass for cleansing
- Palo santo for clarity and grounding
4. Unplug From Social Media- You know when you’re mindlessly scrolling on Instagram, and find yourself anxious with low self-esteem? Perhaps you’re comparing yourself to others or you don’t like a comment you saw. Maybe you noticed your crush giving someone else attention. A break from the virtual world will help a lot. Social media can fill your head with unnecessary thoughts and unwanted energy. Unplugging can refresh your brain and help you focus on whatever it is you desire.