photo via bbcgoodfood.com
We’ve all had damaged hair, once in a while. From heat damage, to dying, to braids, and relaxers, it’s a sad hair story.Perhaps when we were little, we had long, beautiful hair, and now, it’s thin and brittle, like strands of straw. The good news is, hair can grow back, even better, if you take care of it. Here are some easy tips to grow healthier hair.
- Prenatal Vitamins– Many women think you have to be pregnant to consume these. Wrong! Prenatal vitamins are filled with many nutrients, including biotin, Vitamin, A, B, C, D, iron, and many more.
- Essential Oils– Oils such as argan oil, coconut oil, and castor oil are great for hair growth. Apply these oils to your scalp, by gently massaging it. Remember, your hair grows from the scalp, not from the bottom.
- Nuts– Walnuts, cashews, almonds, macadamia, hazelnuts, and pecans are filled with nutrients, that help your hair. Walnuts, cashews and butternuts include Omega-3 fatty acids and are rich in vitamins and biotin.
- Hair Masks- For healthier hair, mix these ingredients in a bowl, and apply to your hair. You can leave in the mask for 30 minutes, wrapped in a shower cap or plastic bag. If you’d like to sleep in it, that is also a great idea. Make sure to rinse it out!
- Egg yolk
- Honey – 1 tablespoon
- Extra virgin olive oil (or linen oil) – 1 tablespoon
- Vodka (or Cognac) – 1 tablespoon
- Avoid Heat– Avoiding the straightener and flat iron will prevent breakage and heat damage. Leaving your hair alone will benefit you in the long run, for healthier, shiner, and thicker hair. You don’t have to permanently get rid of heat, but it’s always a good idea to give it a break, even for a month or two.