photo via Elite Daily
Sometimes we surround ourselves with people who we think are good for our energy. However, we don’t always see the red flags, because we’re too busy seeing the good in people. Here are 5 types of people to let go of.
- Let go of people who guilt you- If you’ve ever been in a relationship where you are always blamed, that is a sign that you need to leave. If a person is never wrong, but you’re always at fault, there is no balance in that relationship. You’re dealing with someone who is emotionally abusive. If you feel guilty for everything, then the reality is, you’re letting that person take advantage of your emotions.
- Let go of people who are selfish- Those who are selfish don’t care about your well-being. They may act like your friend, but in reality, they only hang around for their own personal gain. Pay attention to the language they use, including, “You never make time for me/ You don’t like me/ You’re ignoring me.” These are the kind of people who want you around, but have nothing to offer.
- Let go of people who are insecure – People who are insecure will push their insecurities onto you, when it’s not even your fault. For example, your partner may be upset with you for being confident with yourself. “Why are you always dressed up? Are you trying to impress somebody else?” is the type of language they might use to make you feel bad.
- Let go of people who don’t help you grow- If you’re the smartest one in your circle, you need a new circle. If people around you have nothing to offer, as far as knowledge, opportunities, ideas, or any sort of growth, then it can affect you. Energy is contagious, and if your friends are about nothing, then you won’t become successful.
- Let go of people who don’t clap for you- People who don’t clap for you, but hang around you, most likely don’t want to see you win. They may disguise themselves as your friends, but are secretly haters.