New Years Eve is just around the corner, and I know many of us are pressured to make some changes. Let’s not forget that we are making changes for ourselves! We are not here to satisfy other people. Whatever change you have, make sure it benefits you! Make sure these changes are self-fulfilling, and overall, improve you, mentally and physically. I came up with a list of New Year’s resolution ideas that should be productive, and overall, exciting. Cheers to a new you! Here are 20 ideas.
- Get your butt in the gym!– Seriously, all it takes is one hour, and you’ll be good to go! You don’t have to start off lifting super heavy weights (though, I personally love powerlifting). Start off doing easy exercises, such as the stair masters or the treadmill. Even it’s talking a walk or jogging, these are simple workouts you can implement in your daily schedule. If you have an Apple Watch, it’ll be fun to keep track of your steps, you’ll be even more motivated to get off of your butt and take over the gym. Take over the world, you fitness king or queen!
- Practice healthier eating habits– Why not start the year off getting rid of the donuts and the potato chips? It’s time to throw away the junk and make room for a better lifestyle. Here are some ideas for a healthy diet.
- Lean Protein- Lean chicken, turkey, or tuna is always a great idea, verses beef or pork
- Veggies- Broccoli, cauliflower, kale, and spinach are great for your a lean stomach.
- Healthy snacks- apples, almonds, avocados are all great snacks in between meals
- Whole grains- oatmeal is a great carb for a great workout and building muscle
- Travel– Life’s too short to be in the same city for the rest of your life. It’s time to see the world. Even if you’re scared to leave the country, do it! There’s more to life than seeing the same things and having the same routine. Travel, take pictures, eat at a fancy restaurant, and listen to some live music. Some places to travel to are Paris, Brazil, Belize, South Africa. There’s a whole world out there, so be more adventurous!
- Create– There’s so many things you can create! Why not write a song or publish one? Write a book. Make music videos or be a part of one. Even a photoshoot would be nice. It’s time to get out there and show the world what you’re made of. It’s time to leave your mark on this earth by using your talents. Don’t be afraid to let the world hear your voice and your truth. Express yourself, daily, and never be afraid to create your reality.
- Surround yourself with good people– All I’m saying is to surround yourself with those who make you laugh. Be free. Be around people who make you feel good, spiritually and physically. Be around those you can twerk around or rap out loud with, and no one judges you. Be around those who you can be yourself around, and you can just be silly and have fun. Life really is about spending it with those who compliment you. If you find these people, keep them around.
- Go out– It’s okay to go out and enjoy yourself. Enjoy the life you have right now. Go out dancing with friends, have some drinks, go on a solo-date and stuff your face with sushi. Attend parties and events, and make connections with new people. You’ll never know who you’re going to meet or what opportunities you’ll face, if you just get out of the damn house. Opportunity won’t be found by laying in bed. Go explore the world. Learn something.
- Prove yourself wrong- Everything you said you wouldn’t or couldn’t do, take that energy and shove it down your “you know what.” Know that you can do it. Challenge yourself, and then master it. Whether it’d be an acting or a singing class, take it. If it’s a yoga class or a pole class, go for it. If it’s booking a role in a movie, why not? You’ll surprise yourself when you challenge yourself, and realize you’re more capable than you thought.