Black women are far more sexualized than white women. Black female artists, including Nicki Minaj, Cardi B., Beyonce, Rihanna, Ciara, or Megan Thee Stallion are seen problematic sex symbols in society. This reminds me that black women's body are still seen as property or "crossing the line." While we have sex symbols such as Kylie Jenner, Katy Perry, or Ariana Grande, they aren't criticized the way black women are, and will never be. Lizzo is a prime example of the black woman stereotype. During this Sunday, she sparked some controversy at a Laker's vs. Timberwolves game, when she wore an outfit with a cut out of her butt. She also twerked in a thong and fishnets. Black women can't be confident in their own bodies without being shamed, more so slut-shamed. Lizzo is facing a double standard, since she's big and black. This reminds me that society has a problem, not only with black women, but fat black women, more-so, dark-skinned. Celebrities such as Rihanna and Beyonce are far less criticized, because they are thin and light-skinned. They still receive criticism, but it's far less more than a dark, big woman. However, there is a spectrum that black women lie on, and it's very low. If you're light skinned and thin, you are more accepted in society, including Hollywood. If you're dark and big, you're lesser than, and seen as less attractive and less "ghetto." This notion reminds me that black women will always lie on the bottom of the spectrum, and white's can get away with anything. Black women aren't able to be free, without being overly judged and punished. They face backlash for being a "poor role model to kids," or a "bad influence," whereas Taylor Swift and Ariana Grande are seen as innocent and cute. In society, black women are "trashy, ghetto, THOTs, h**s, and many more. White women like Kylie Jenner are seemed as "edgy, rebellious, daring, or exotic," and are praised for being "different." When will black women be accepted for expressing their sexuality and just being confident in their own skin?Read More
Christmas is around the corner, which is 2 weeks! We're getting close to the new year, and what's the best way to spend the holidays than to stuff your face with sweets? If you're looking for something fun and tasty to flavor up the holidays, then there are tons of treats you can enjoy with your loved ones. It's the best time to stuff your face this year, so don't feel guilty for having a sweet tooth.
photo via bettycrocker.com
http://foodfunlife.blogspot.com4. Lemon Meringue Pie- This pie has a taste of tang and sweetness to add to the holiday.
photo via whitemist.co
photo via for kingarthurflour.com
photo via halfbakedharvest.com
photo via bing.com8. Cake pops- You can make these from scratch, and decorate them like snowmen or little Santa Clauses.
photo via gourmetgiftbaskets.com9. Fudge- Who doesn't love chocolate for the holiday? What's better is when it's nice, dark, and thick.
photo via wishesndishes.com10. Rice Krispy- What's better than chewing on soft snacks filled with marshmallows? The chewy feeling brings joy and excitement.
photo via bing.com12. White Chocolate Christmas Trees- If you're dreaming of a white Christmas, then white chocolate's your best friend! Stuff your face with these bad boys for a white winter.
photo via bing.com14. Eggnog- Who wouldn't want to share memories with their loved ones with some eggnog? Adults, feel free to add some liquor to that, for a holiday cheer.
onelucian.com15. Peppermint Patty- These are an all-time classic treat. They literally melt in your mouth and taste like the North Pole version of heaven.
photo via dinneratthezoo.com
photo via keap.com2020 is almost here, and that means we can go ahead and throw those bad habits out the door! Whatever negative energy we have right now, it's time to leave that in 2019. Whether it'd be negative people, poor eating habits, excuses, toxic exes or relationships, it's time to make a change for our own good. Here are a list of things you should do, in order to better yourself for the new year!
- Get used to saying no- Just because you are a "good person," doesn't mean you have to tolerate people's irresponsible behavior. This means, you don't have to say yes every time your boss asks you to work an extra shift or yes to watching your boyfriend's kids, because he doesn't have a babysitter. You're not responsible for people's lives, and you shouldn't feel guilty. You respect yourself more when you learn to say no.
- Stop feeling guilty- It's okay to be empathetic. Having a good heart means you care about other people's feelings, which means you probably aren't a terrible person! However, if you're feeling guilty about the downfall of others, stop it right now. Do not let people's energy affect your own. It is mentally and physically poor for your health. Feeling guilty does nothing but make you feel worse about yourself. Blaming yourself helps nobody.
- Stop taking things personal- I know, right? It seems odd not to take something personal when your boss yells at you all of the time or perhaps you've been called mean names your whole life. Whatever other people's attitude toward you is, just know it's not about you. Sometimes people take out their own insecurities and misery onto others, and has nothing to do with you. Just keep pushing and maintain your good spirit.
- Don't settle for poor relationships- If you know you deserve better, that's all you need to know. Don't settle for anyone who does not value you. Do not settle for anyone who isn't going to add value to your future. Don't settle for someone just because you feel sorry for them. Don't settle for someone just because it's convenient. Don't settle for someone who guilts you for bettering yourself. Love yourself first, so you know what you deserve.
- Do what makes you happy- It's okay to take yourself out. Have a glass of champagne, travel, eat a box of donuts. Live your life! Say yes to love, say yes to concerts and hang out with your friends! If something brings you joy, keep doing that, because otherwise, there's no point of living if you ca't enjoy the life you have.
- Forgive yourself- Most of us are hard on ourselves, and there's no point in wasting energy on self-hate. Instead of saying horrible things about yourself, say things like, "You're beautiful/ You're the best/ I can do this/ I am smart," instead. Don't beat yourself up about anything, because it does you no good. Be kind to yourself.
- Take chances- Prove yourself and others wrong. Take an acting class in Hollywood. Go for that audition. Move out of the city or travel out of the country. There's so much more to life than living life like you're in a box. Take risks and see where it goes, because it can't hurt, right?
- You Avoid People- You spend a lot of your time by yourself, and you don't mind being your own best friend. When invited to go out, you don't mind chilling by yourself, and eating snacks, or watching movies. Perhaps your only best friend is your pet.
- You Look Unapproachable But Are Sweet- People always mistake you for being such a grumpy person. Perhaps you put up a wall, as a defense mechanism. You try and act all hard, like nothing bothers you, but deep down you're really sensitive and caring.
- You Focus on "Me Time"- Solitude is a must, especially for introverts. We need time to recharge and restore our energy. It's a must that we do this, otherwise, we become overwhelmed and irritated, sometimes emotional.
- You're not the "Mushy" Type- We all have our ways of showing love, but you are definitely not the affectionate type. You show love by saying, "Hey/ What's up/ Yo," over "I love you/ You mean the world to me."
- You're Misunderstood- Perhaps, you've once been called an outcast, some time in your life. People think they know you, but very few know the real you. You are misjudged by a lot.
- You Are Blunt- People think you're rude, but you're just honest, and many people can't handle that.
- Holidays Annoy You- Perhaps it's the Christmas music or the holiday cheer, but you're just over it. Or maybe it's just certain songs that annoy you, like Taylor Swift's "Last Christmas" or anything by Michael Buble.
- Making Plans is Stressful- You have to think about it for a whole day before you make the decision to go out. You constantly ask yourself, "Who's going?/ Is it worth it?" You're indecisive, and it's obvious.
- You're not Afraid of Anyone- You can stand up for yourself against anyone. You know who you are, and you won't take anyone's crap.
- You're Charming- You know how to turn on your charm, when it comes to the ladies or men. Whatever it is, you just got it!
photo via shutterfly.comChristmas is around the block, so why not celebrate with fun activities? Although it's cold outside, we can't let this holiday go by without having some fun. Christmas is one of the most exciting holidays, ever. Whether it'd be with your family or friends, nobody deserves to be bored during the holidays, so, let's grab our coats and get to it!
- Charlie Brown Christmas- Who doesn't love Peanuts? Obviously, Charlie Brown Christmas is a classic, and has been around for generations. Why not take a trip down memory lane and reminiscence?
- Ice Skating- There are numerous places to find an ice-skating rink. From New York to Los Angeles, there are great spots to gather around the Christmas tree and skate to Nat King Cole and Frank Sinatra.
- Christmas Tree Shopping- The best part about Christmas tree shopping is simply looking for a tree and smelling it.
- Baking- First of all, you can bake many things from cookies to snicker doodles to ginger-bread houses. What's better than baking in the cold weather?
- Christmas Music- The easiest way to get in the spirit is to listen to your favorite Christmas tunes. Whether it'd be Andy Williams or Ella Fitzgerald, it's always a great way to celebrate while singing out loud with friends.
- Roast Marshmallows by the Fireplace- This is such a simply family tradition, it reminds me of my childhood. Gather some sticks and sit by the fireplace with marshmallows and a mug of hot cocoa.
- Attend a Christmas Party- Whether it'd be a holiday party or an ugly-sweater party, get in the spirit. Go buy that red Christmas dress and put on your favorite lipstick. Or, perhaps, buy that ugly sweater and show off like the elf you are!
- Christmas Movies- I know you guys are obsessed with "Home Alone." Why not celebrate this winter with holiday movies like "It's a Wonderful Life," "The Grinch," "A Christmas Story," or"Elf."
- Decorate the Christmas Tree- Gather around with your friends and family, and put up your favorite ornaments.
- Look at Christmas Lights- Explore different neighborhoods and look at the lights. Walking makes it much more adventurous.
It's December, and Christmas is right around the corner. Many of us are freaking out, since it's almost that time of the year where we get to spend money on gifts! However, I've found some cheap ways to save money this year, especially if you're on a budget. So, there's no need to go broke over our loved ones. Here are 10 examples of a perfect Christmas gift, this holiday.
- Socks- I mean, who doesn't need socks. In the winter, it's always great to have the fluffy socks, with little animal figures on them. They're super necessary and comfortable. After all, who would't want to keep their feet warm this winter?
- Personalized Coffee Mugs- Who wouldn't want a personalized mug with their name on it, or perhaps their pet? Not only does this mug hold a special meaning, but it's nice to look at when you're drinking your favorite cup of hot coffee or hot tea.
- Candy- Seriously, who wouldn't want a cup full of their favorite chocolates? Either you can get a mug and fill it with candy canes, Hershey's, See's Candy, M&M's, you name it!
- Home-Baked Cookies- It's the perfect season for baking, so why not bake with love? All you need to do is spend money on ingredients, and then place them in a plastic bag and bow. Boom! Easy and perfect for the holidays.
- Body Care Products- Everybody needs body care products, including lotions, face masks, soaps, shampoos, etc..Who wouldn't want to spend their winter with soft, smooth skin? Also, it's a necessity. Try finding some special fragrances, including mint or lavender.
- Gift Cards- Be creative. You can buy $5-10$ gift cards to Starbucks, Subway, Cold Stone's.
- Scented Candles- You can either go to Walgreens, Ross, Dollar Tree, 99 Cents Store, or any place that sells cheap candles. Who wouldn't want to fill up their home with a nice sweet holiday aroma?
Hey now! Hey now! It's official. Hilary Duff confirmed that she is currently filming for her new Lizzie McGuire movie. Recently, she posted a picture on her Instagram, with costar, Adam Lamberg, AKA Gordo. The Disney show first aired in 2001, and won for Kid's Choice Awards in 2002. The "Lizzie McGuire Movie" was released in 2003. Duff's even rockin' the Lizzie bangs! So far, what we know about the Disney reboot, is Lizzie is in her 30's, exploring New York, working as a designer. Also, she is dating a restaurant owner. Duff's picture captioned, " I feel so basic saying something that's been shouted at me almost my whole life buuuut......hey now, hey now." Fans are still awaiting for the other costars to confirm their return from the show. We are still waiting to hear from Lalaine (Miranda), Ashlie Brillault (Kate Saunders), or Clayton Snyder (Ian). However, some of the former costars are still wondering if they're going to make the cut. Actor, Arvie Lowe, who plays Lizzie McGuire's substitute teacher, Mr. Diggs, posted a throwback on his Instagram (@loweman01) of a clip from the 2000's show. The movie is currently being filmed, but a release date is still up in the air. So, stay tuned, and get ready to take a trip to your childhood!Read More
photo via @agoff18Straight from Atlanta, Georgia, rapper, AGoff is on his way to become a significant rapper in LA. From LA to LA, this rapper is making moves, and has released endless amounts of music. Fans call him the Underground Trap Lord. His music is no doubt trap, the kind of music you'd like to get lit to, and perhaps smoke a blunt with homies. His music consists of synths and key-notes. In 2019, AGoff released "Demon World," "Trap Files," "Trap Files 4," "Trap Files 8," "Trap Files 9," Swag for Sale 3, and "Lil Drip Tape."In 2018, he released a ton of projects, including "Secret Stash 003." At first, AGoff was a part of Soulja Boy's SODMG collective, but then left, stirring up controversy, and led to somewhat beef. He founded his own record label, SGOD, and is the main artist of his label. However, this does not mean that Soulja Boy and AGoff are not cool, since they follow each other on Instagram. For more AGoff, follow Youtube and Soundcloud than newer streaming apps like Spotify and Apple music.Read More