New Year’s Eve is tomorrow, and I’m sure many of us have no idea what we’re going to do to celebrate the holiday! Every year, I ask myself, “What am I doing New Year’s Eve?” and it’s the same story. I never have time to plan, nor do I ever get invited anywhere cool. If you are a last minute person like me, then have no worries! You can still enjoy your NYE without having to spend a whole bunch of money on Uber, bars, and clubs. So, here are some things you can do to celebrate!
- Have Some Cocktails– Invite your friends over for some drinks, and set up a mini bar. All you need to do is head to the nearest liquor store and gather up some of your best drinks. What would New Year’s Eve be without a famous Long Island or a Marquee? You don’t have t spend a crazy amount of money on drinks. Perhaps, buy 3 bottles and some mixers, like juice or sweet n’ sour. Voila! You’ve got yourself a bar.
- Throw a Pajama Party– Invite your friends and get ready for an adult slumber party. Perhaps, buy a onesie or some nice fuzzy socks. Be creative with it. Pour some drinks, watch some holiday movies, have a potluck, or put on some Megan Thee Stallion. Whatever makes your party lit, do just that.
- Find a Cool Spot-If you really don’t have plans, the best thing to do is find a cool spot, perhaps on a hill or in the mountains somewhere. If you’re in a relationship, have your loved one come with you, and share a bottle of champagne. Watch the city, as there will most likely be fireworks of some sort.
- Explore the City With Friends-Literally, go anywhere. Explore the city. Go to nearest place where there’s people and cheer, and get lost in a crowd. Celebrate with strangers. Be spontaneous. Go to the nearest bar or restaurant and have some drinks. Sometimes walking around, not having anything planned, is the best thing you can do.
- Get Paid- There are many events being thrown around this time of the year. If you’re a bartender, book a gig. Or, if you work at a place where you can make tips, then go to work! Also, if you’re an Uber or Left driver, you’ll make tons of money picking up party passengers. Get that money, honey! New Year’s Eve is a holiday where everyone will most likely be buying drinks, and if you happen to be in that atmosphere, I don’t see what’s wrong.
- Stay Home– Honestly, if you’re not in the mood for celebrating, just stay your butt in bed. Don’t be pressured to do anything you don’t want to. Watch a movie, have some wine, eat some popcorn or a nice hot meal. Just relax. Know that at the end of the day, you’ll be treating yourself, and in the morning, you can prepare yourself for day 1 of 2020.